Microsoft designed Dynamics 365 with industry-leading security measures and privacy policies to safeguard your data in the cloud, including the categories of personal data identified by the GDPR. Spanish Point implements Dynamics 365 to help you on your journey to reducing risks and achieving compliance with the GDPR.
Controlling who has access to personal data is a key to securing that data, and data security is a critical requirement of the GDPR. Dynamics 365 enables you to manage and control access to your data in several ways:
- Role-based security in Microsoft Dynamics 365 allows you to group together a set of privileges that limit the tasks that can be performed by a given user. This is an important capability, especially when people change roles within an organization.
- Record-based security in Dynamics 365 allows you to restrict access to specific records.
- Field-level security in Dynamics 365 allows you to restrict access to specific high-impact fields, such as personally identifiable information.
- Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) helps you protect Dynamics 365 from unauthorized access by simplifying the management of users and groups and allowing you to assign and revoke privileges easily. Azure AD includes tools such as Multi-Factor Authentication for highly-secure sign-in. Additionally, Azure AD Privileged Identity Management helps you reduce risks associated with administrative privileges through access control, management, and reporting.
Another core requirement of the GDPR is to protect the personal data that you control or process. Dynamics 365 is designed to optimize the security of your data:
- Security Development Lifecycle is a mandatory Microsoft process that embeds security requirements into every phase of the development process. Dynamics 365 is built using the Security Development Lifecycle.
- Encryption in transit between your users’ devices and Microsoft data centers, as well as while at rest in a Microsoft database, helps protect your Dynamics 365 data at all times.
For more information about using Dynamics 365 to become GDPR compliant Contact us here.